DistroTV Expands Distribution, Now Streaming Free on VIZIO Smart TVs
Now on VIZIO, the DistroTV app provides millions of users with free 24/7 access to 270+ streaming channels with unique global and multilingual content
San Bruno, CA – August 23, 2022 – DistroTV, the nation’s largest, independent, free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) app, today announced that it is expanding its content offerings to VIZIO (NYSE: VZIO). Now millions of VIZIO users can stream DistroTV’s impressive and diverse content lineup — 270 channels and growing, plus thousands of hours of VOD content — for free, anytime on the VIZIO Smart TV platform.
DistroTV features more than 270 multicultural channels and is growing, with everything from news, sports, movies, music & entertainment, and lifestyle content. This includes original content and new channel offerings that cater to English, Southeast Asian / Indian and Spanish-speaking audiences, as well as a recently released channel bundle that targets the African community. Available to stream for free in more than 60 markets through its apps on streaming devices and smart TVs, as well as worldwide on the web through distro.tv, the platform truly features something for every viewer. With no registration, sign-up, or fees required.
DistroTV’s comprehensive streaming library includes:
- An impressive wave of new channels available to stream for free that appeal to DistroTV’s core US, UK, and Canadian audiences, which includes a total of:
- 45 sports channels, with the most diverse collection of live & linear mainstream sports, combat sports, niche sports and outdoors channels, like Stadium, beIN SPORTS Xtra, Swerve Sports, IMPACT Wrestling Channel, FightNetwork, Wired2Fish, ACL Cornhole, MotoAmerica TV and FuelTV.
- Broad array of diverse movies & entertainment channels including CineLife by Magnolia Pictures, Kweli TV, Watch It Scream, FrightFlix, Bowery Classics, Dark Matter, CinePride and many more.
- 13 documentary channels, including Goalcast, Magellan TV, Beautiful Planet, and True History.
- Notable new additions to the entertainment, lifestyle & food category, including AXS TV Now, Trace Urban, Bite, Planet Eat, and GustoTV.
- A total of 21 Spanish-language channels available in North America, such as Estrella, beIN Sports XTRA Ñ, Top Cine, Canela.TV, Trace Latina, Casa Comedy and Spanglish and more Spanish language entertainment, movie, documentaries, news and sports channels.
- 36 live streaming DistroTV Desi South Asian news, entertainment, and music channels featuring WION, TimesNow, Mastiii, Epic, MirrorNow, BritAsia and much more.
- African channel bundle, DistroTV Africa, featuring 11 entertainment and music-oriented channels available to stream for free.
Providing audiences in the U.S. and Canada with home screen access to must-have apps like Apple TV+, BET+, Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, FuboTV, Netflix, Paramount+, Peacock, Prime Video and YouTube TV, VIZIO users now have round-the-clock access to DistroTV. VIZIO and DistroTV are aligned in their missions to provide content and access for everyone; including movies and syndicated TV shows in the sports, kids and family, news, lifestyle, gaming, and music categories, and more.
“We are thrilled to join the VIZIO family, particularly at a time when we are continuing to grow our viewership and channel content at a rapid pace,” said Navdeep Saini, co-founder and CEO of DistroScale, parent company of DistroTV. “By expanding our distribution via VIZIO Smart TVs, we can continue to provide audiences with the content they crave, and all while maintaining our FAST no-sign up, credit card, or email required model.”
“VIZIO appreciates DistroTV’s dedication to building personalized experiences for today’s streaming audience,” said Chris Tanquary, Senior Director of Business Development at VIZIO. “VIZIO strives to be a place where viewers have endless entertainment options across all categories and genres, so, there is something for everyone.”
DistroTV is the largest, independent, free, ad-supported streaming television service on the market. Launched in 2019 by parent company DistroScale, the platform caters to a multicultural, rapidly expanding, globally-minded audience of passionate viewers. Satisfying the growing demand for premium video content in multiple languages, DistroTV delivers premium video content from producers globally across North America, the UK, Bollywood, Latin America, China, Southeast Asia, and growing. With more than 270 channels plus thousands of Video on Demand (VOD) shows, DistroTV cultivates content that covers a broad spectrum of topics to connect with people’s passion points around Entertainment, Lifestyle, Sports, News, Documentaries and International Content in live, linear and video-on-demand formats. DistroTV is available to stream for free on the web, as well as through Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and major smart TV platforms including VIZIO.
DistroTV is the first direct-to-consumer offering from DistroScale, a technology company founded in 2013 and known for providing a global clientele of thousands of media properties with the industry’s most comprehensive video platform for web, apps, and streaming. DistroScale is an all-in-one solution providing infrastructure, content delivery, curation, analytics and a full suite of monetization options. Video enabled by DistroScale reaches more than 250 million visitors per month. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To become a DistroTV viewer, visit www.distro.tv. More information on DistroScale & DistroTV is available at www.distroscale.com.
Founded and headquartered in Orange County, California, our mission at VIZIO Holding Corp. (NYSE: VZIO) is to deliver immersive entertainment and compelling lifestyle enhancements that make our products the center of the connected home. We are driving the future of televisions through our integrated platform of cutting-edge Smart TVs and powerful operating system. We also offer a portfolio of innovative sound bars that deliver consumers an elevated audio experience. Our platform gives content providers more ways to distribute their content and advertisers more tools to connect with the right audience. For more information, visit VIZIO.com and follow VIZIO on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Press Contact for VIZIO
Press Contact for DistroTV